Saturday 27 April 2013

Moonlight Over the Sea.

On Thursday evening I caught the train down to Kent after work. As my dad drove me back from the station we saw a flat calm sea and an emerging moon. Later it shone out over the still waters and the bay in which my dad lives was illuminated to its full glory. That is when I remember how beautiful it can be living by the sea. I recall an evening long ago sitting watching that lit up bay from the beach front house of a wealthy acquaintance drinking fine rioja-a life time away though.

And so another week is over. I have buried more of my dead-twice in a week is rare-and I try to move on. What does the next few months hold for me? At this rate if it doesn't slow down more weariness and the risks that that entails. Normally life slows down after Easter but not this year. I wonder why that is? There is no change on the horizon. Only uncertain change over that horizon. I know change is coming but can I wait that long?

What I do know though is that the paperback version of "Charon's Ferry" should be out in a few weeks. I submitted the revised text and cover picture on Wednesday. It looks great-Beka Smith has done me proud once again. Let's hope the proofs arrive soon.

And so to a sunny Saturday afternoon in Kent. There is beef rendang slowly cooking in the oven. The NFL draft is underway across the water and I'm about go and pay homage to that very water. God I love the sea!

I Heard a Voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment