Sunday 30 December 2012

A Journey,

There is an old proverb attributed to the Chinese philosopher Laozi which states that "a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step". In reality we go on many long intertwined journeys in our life times so who knows which is the first step. After my last post on Mozart I chose this quiet cold Sunday to begin my journey into Mozart. On the recommendation of my barrister friend Mark I started with the Bassoon Concerto-an excellent first step in this journey. I followed it with La Clemenza di Tito which was new to me. Perhaps there will be more tomorrow.

Mozart and Sunday lunch are a bit of theme for me, today it was chicken. Sadly another theme in my life is nightmares and I had several of those last night. Actually I slept badly before them, my mind was aflame as I went to bed-maybe that is a return of the mixed state my friend Brain talks of. I pray that sleep returns soon otherwise my holiday will be lost. Only a week to go now. I look forward to meeting Dory on Friday.

Will I achieve anything in that week? Only time will tell. Who knows I might even sell some books-as promised the Kindle link for Charon's Ferry is below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charons-Ferry-ebook/dp/B00AR2V0GO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1356886913&sr=1-1

But for now I will focus on week 17 of the NFL season; I do wish they wouldn't  keep showing the same teams over and over again though.

Time to go now.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment