Thursday 18 August 2011

Not the Best Week

It has been a very wet and dreary day here. A bit like my mood. I had intended to try to forge ahead with the new book this week but it hasn't worked out that way.

A series of domestic problems have derailed me somewhat and now my mood is beginning to sink a little. Sometimes I think this flat is cursed. In fact there have been endless domestic problems ever since I moved here 4 years ago. My first landlord was great. My present one has a curious habit of charging me way over the odds but not actually living up to his responsibilities. So it is that if anything goes wrong I end up having to pay for it.

This was not what I expected in the lead up to my holiday. One more day of work then two weeks off. I do hope my mood lifts soon and I can get on. Tomorrow brings me packing up my office for the second time in a year and moving. So it's all looking rather forlorn.

The good news is my friend Anthony is coming to visit on Sunday-hopefully that will provide a boost. I've not seen him for ages-we trained as teachers together in Cambridge.

Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment