Sunday 14 August 2011

A Change of Plan.

This weekend was intended to be devoted to cooking and watching cricket. Great plan except England demolished India by tea time yesterday. So I had to come up with another plan.

It was not very exciting, just domestic things like washing and cleaning. All very boring  although strangely enough of all the domestic tasks our lives give us I actually quite enjoy mopping the floor-how weird is that?

The cooking part stayed with slow cooked ribs with sherry and rosemary-not my greatest success-and slow roast shoulder of lamb today. That was excellent along with the rioja I am now consuming.

But it was not all boring stuff. Am very pleased to have forged further ahead with the new book. Now have the prologue and chapters 1-3 completed and I'm very pleased with it so far. Chapter 4 is fairly straight forward; gets a bit harder after that though.

Back to work tomorrow for one last week before my holiday. Part of it will be spent packing up my office-yes for the second time a year I'm being forced to move. But I will cast all that aside when I'm off. Recharge the batteries before the expected onslaught of the end of September.

So back to rioja. More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment