Sunday 7 August 2011

A New Venture.

So, to another Sunday. As you can tell by reading this blog I do on the whole like Sundays as a day of rest. A day for cooking, reading, and relaxing. There was a chance some friends were going to visit today but they didn't make it. Perhaps they will come another time. So I switched to plan B.

Cooking went fairly well, a Puglian dish of peas, bacon (couldn't get any pancetta) and shallots for lunch, then a slow roast belly pork for dinner. The latter was rather better than the former. I read the Sunday Times whilst listening to the "Messiah". And then I got on with my new venture.

The reponse to "A Pillar of Impotence" has been so overwhelming and so many people have said what happens next that I decided to write a sequel.

The working title is "Beyond the Boundaries" and I spent much of Wednesday evening writing the prologue. Today I turned to the body of the book and by 5.30 pm had a very satisfying chapter 1. I actually have the first 3 chapters written in my head and I'm pretty sure about chapter 4. It will take time though. The excitement of the beginning will wear off when I'm struggling with where to go next but I will do it.

If you have read my previous work you may remember the care I took in choosing my chapter titles. The Bible and Latin produced some of the more interesting ones. So far on the new work I have done Latin, the Bible, and Gilbert and Sullivan!

Hoping to get more done in the week. Now for a beer and watching the rest of "Revenge of the Sith" that I started last night.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment