Saturday 26 December 2020

Storm a Coming.

Well here we are on a grey but mild Boxing Day. My Christmas Day alone was mainly a triumph. A post lunch blip failed to mar a splendid solo effort. It is hard to see no one but in these chastened times I did okay. Spoke to loads of people during the course of the day and night. I consumed far too much food and way too much wine. But it is Christmas so why not?

Getting up this morning was a much harder effort. There seemed so little point with nothing to do, everywhere shut and still the restrictions. Bereft of motivation and energy it was supreme effort to get up. But get up I did, had coffee, a late lunch and walk.

Now home in the warm I'm listening to The Marriage of Figaro drinking the rest of my fizz. The air is still outside and it is mild. But driving in from the west a great Atlantic storm is approaching. For once it is going to unleash its fury on my part of the world. Most hit further north but it is our turn.

Certainly won't be going out again when it strikes. I have vague fears for the cladding on my balcony and for the tree by my car but what will be will be.

Before it hits though I must once again sate my hunger with a Thai curry. Bad planning really on my part, should really have given myself some cooking to do rather than just reheating from the freezer. Tomorrow I will cook though. Sunday roast has to be done. Two roasts in three days is so decadent but so what? It is the holidays.

I hope you all enjoyed Christmas and that in time we will have better life post virus. That still hangs over us. I doubt anything will open up again until February or March time so a long way to go. Stay safe in this troubled world.

I Heard a Voice 

No comments:

Post a Comment