Sunday 26 April 2020

They That Go Down to the Sea in Ships.

When will I see the sea again? Walk along the front? Meditate on the shingle? BBQ? Stop for a pint in The Hope Inn? Five weeks into the lockdown the sea seems a memory. Fortunately it is not a dimming memory but something I do miss. Something to strive for to look forward to when the time comes.

People around here are still being pretty good with the restrictions. Yes it took me some time to queue for my medication in the week. There is a little bit of a wait for the shop. Most people are in their gardens or on their balconies. I have my balcony door open and am listening to Handel. Not long back from my walk.

That was the first walk for a few days. A sore calf muscle made me step back from daily exercise. Taking a short route with the least uphill climb I did okay. Maybe stretch out to something longer in the week.

For all of that though I continue to thrive. A glimpse of the crescent moon last night. Glorious sunshine outside. The sounds of the birds. Nature is fighting back in all her glory. And I'm appreciating it all.

My culinary adventures continue to succeed. A fierce Thai jungle curry last night. Wonderful roast chicken today. And new season English asparagus. Spring is indeed mighty. The shops are well stocked. I have food and wine. And opera. And books. And work. That is going well and being without anxiety in the main has greatly helped my mood. The great brake to wondrous times is lifted. And it feels good. Must not let it fly too high though.

The rest of my day will be taken gently. My third opera of the day. A light supper. And I think a glass of white Rioja. Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment