Sunday 5 April 2020

Nature's Way.

The glorious spring sunshine continues. The blossom is out. A slight breeze cools the warm air and nature is in its imperious pomp. I saw what looked like a large bird of prey circling above the gardens on the other side of the road from my flat. Mum and dad were great birdwatchers. Miriam and Nigel too. I know nothing of birds but I admired the beauty of the sight.

Having just returned from my walk in the sun the joint of beef is out of the fridge and coming up to room temperature. I've just put Rigoletto on so I get to hear Maria Callas. Maybe some more reading before getting going in the kitchen.

Tomorrow brings the start of Holy Week. Lent seems to have gone in the blink of an eye. Not that I really do anything about Lent but I'm sure in these chastened times many will have been forced to abandon their Lenten promises. Gareth has some turkey breast that I can buy for an Easter Day lunch. Sad really as I always host an Easter lunch for friends with champagne, starters, fine roast meat and a dessert. I think that is what I miss most, cooking for my friends.

Apart from that I'm coping well. Normally an avid news watcher I have seen less in recent weeks as it is all so sullen and depressing. Those of us afflicted by this terrible illness must fight on. Hence sharing my food photos on social media to try to cheer people up.

We must all though abide the advice given. I eschewed a visit to the Farm Shop at Smallford to follow the rules. That people are not as abiding as most of my circle only makes things worse. We will get through this though. So for all of you out there in isolation, take care, manage a day at a time and learn to live even in dark times.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment