Sunday 12 April 2020

English Wine, Roast Turkey and Chocolate.

Rumbling thunder to the west and gentle drizzle marred my afternoon walk. Fearing a biblical downpour I cut short my perambulation and came home.

On this Holiest of days for Christians may I wish you all a very Happy Easter. The day of the resurrection is marked by billions across the world. For others not of a religious persuasion it is a holiday marked by roast dinner, wine and chocolate.

For my part I triumphed with roast turkey seasoned with thyme and sage wrapped in bacon with roast potatoes, kale, carrots and green beans, gravy and local cranberry sauce. The wine was English, it had to be, from the Chapel Down winery just outside Tenterden near dad. And what a glorious lunch it was.

With the holiday set to run into Monday it is good to switch off, turn down and gently relax. My mood is not as buoyant as a few days ago but I'm happy. I like Easter but miss my friends who often come to lunch on this day. As I walked by the shops I did see my neighbour Richard which was nice. So too my neighbour Stephen who I bumped into earlier when I bought my paper.

And now I think another glass of wine, a hot cross bun and a little TV. No doubt I will see you all again soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment