Saturday 2 March 2019

Treading a Volatile Path.

The blossom is out, the bulbs are blooming, the sun is trying to shine and the expected rain has thus far held off. Is spring sprung? On a week of record setting temperatures, students packing the outside tables of the College Lane bar and intense activity all is not right with me. I noticed that I was beginning to soar on Monday. Confirmation of what I had missed came with the pre pay day bank balance check and the realisation that I have been profligate, uncaring and wild with money in the last few weeks.

Faced with that I knew I needed to clamp down financially and probably in mood. So I didn't buy the beautiful coat and pair of books that I had my eye on. Nor did I lunch out today. Kept it simple and just made a Halloumi salad at home.

Soaring mood though has not been the end of the story. The last two days I have felt tired and deflated. The working triumphs of the early part of the week seem distant now. The darkness flitted into my world last night, sneered at me and told me you are who you are.

The rockiness of the my path in the last week, the volatile twists and turns have unnerved me a little but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I managed to get a few things done today though. Washing, tidying up, making the bed, and some shopping. My fridge is full. I have all the ingredients to make a Moussaka this afternoon. Sarah will join me for that. Tomorrow I will roast a small chicken seasoned with tarragon and thyme and stuffed with half a lemon. Who knows what I will do in the week but I did buy some ribs yesterday which I will marinate with Hoisin, nam pla, lemongrass and basil then bake in the oven. Not sure when but it sounds heavenly.

In the not too distant future I'm expecting a visit from Beka. She has just been a given the commission to paint the head of a school not too far away. So she will stay. Have fun this weekend, I will leave you to it now.

I Heard a Voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment