Thursday 23 November 2017

Not Quite the Sound of Silence.

On a cold, blustery but sunny day once again you find me at home. I haven't been able to shake off this bug yet. I feel a little better than yesterday but still worn and tired. Apart from taking the rubbish out I haven't left my flat. My sleep was rather interrupted by odd, difficult dreams but having gone to bed fairly early I slept off and on for near 11 hours. That has to be a sign.

What should be a quiet peaceful day has been somewhat disputed by the sounds of a pneumatic drill going out the back of the Co op. Not sure what they are doing but the access in and out has been challenging both days I've been home.

During that spell I have barely eaten. A little dal last night and a poached egg today. I'm feeling pretty hungry now so will risk cooking something later. I do have some turkey in for Thanksgiving although if I do indeed cook it I will only eat a little. I can share the rest with friends.

My dinner with Sarah has tentatively been put back until tomorrow. Let us hope for respite by then. Given a subpar state I do not feel too bad being home. Yes I worry I will forget things and the thought of catching up when I do go back lurks only dimly in the background.

I discovered this afternoon that it is not just me suffering. My neighbour Richard has been similarly afflicted since Tuesday. Is it what my manager had last week? Can we ever tell these things although when anyone gets ill we all seem to agree that "there is something going round" in that terribly English way.

My afternoon will be spent listening to Handel's Saul and with some reading. Last night I managed to listen to both Don Giovanni and Orpheus in the Underworld. Fine music on a not so fine day.

By the time I next come on here to talk to you I hope I'm back in the land of the living free from all pestilence and dangers of the night. Can't wait for that to happen.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment