Sunday 19 November 2017

Early to Rise, Late to Lunch.

Given that it was my first uninterrupted lie in for over a week waking at 9.15 was not on my agenda. Sadly that is what happened. There was no great fear just an inkling that perhaps I should not have committed myself to eat at lunch time rather than in the evening. Taking another hour of in and out sleep I emerged to a cold but sunny world. A sharp contrast to yesterday's vile wet outlook.

Having been up earlier than planned it was on to getting cooking. A joint of gammon studded with cloves that has been wafting wonderful aromas round my flat for a while. The potatoes just went in to roast and I will do carrots, sprouts and beans to pretend that my diet is on track.

Haydn is today's chosen composer. The box set is good but only a little opera and no Nelson mass. Thankfully I have the latter elsewhere. Given that I had to work yesterday it is pleasant to have time to myself. The open day went okay in the main, very few people came in and fewer still were for me. Visions of queues forming and blocked car parks proved unfounded. I had no stress so compared to what might await me on Monday had I gone in it was a gentler day. I am not going in tomorrow and am hoping to get to Borough Market if I'm not too exhausted. Last week was long and at times tough going. But week 8 is now in the history books.

Thanksgiving comes on Thursday so a feast of NFL action awaits. Tonight my Rams go into Minnesota to battle the high flying Vikings in a clash of titans. The Rams have played some extraordinary football so far this season but I'm not yet buying the hype. If they win tonight with me cheering them on at home then maybe I will start to believe.

Still yet to do my mood diary but after being touch and go at times recently I feel pretty upbeat now. Maybe a walk in the sun or a pint in a country pub may be in order after my gammon. Have a great Sunday.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment