Wednesday 31 October 2012

Disappearing Viewers - a Mystery.

Something odd has been going on with my blog in the last couple of weeks. As I have mentioned before I can review views and other stats such as countries accessing it, the pages read most, and origins of traffic. Well I had notice the disappearance of viewers in recent weeks. Then the last 2 night my mood has been lifted by a spike in viewers last thing in the evening. Yet each morning the phantom viewers have disappeared. Not sure what that means. Theoretically numbers are way down on July and the dark times of March and April. But do I trust these figures? Or am I once again being deceived by technology.

Talking of technology, ever since I moved to the university I have kept all my records electronically. In fact no one uses files any more in the real world of mental health. My system suits what I need-I developed it after all-it is quick and easy. In fact I can access anyone I have records of who has seen me in the last 5 years with a few clicks of a mouse. If it ain't broke, don't fix it goes the old adage. Sadly no all see it that way.

There are exceptions who remain in the record keeping Dark Ages and they are therapists. You know, the people that surround me all day and earn far more money than me. Now in the interests of integration I am now being required to adopt a cumbersome and far more time consuming recording system on endless pieces of paper. Yes, I have to take data base information, put it on paper, and then it goes on another data base/ Mad or what?!!? I have no idea the purpose of this other than to further my increasing anonymity which grows daily. And that further loss of identity is doing nothing for my mood.

I spent almost all day on my computer in preparation and still got no where near the required pieces of paper. Hence it was not a good day.

Actually it has not been a good week. I came home from Kent to no heating or hot water. It wasn't fixed until yesterday afternoon and is at best precarious. I have to move, not sure I really want to go on living in this jinxed flat.

That said I cooked some very nice roast chicken, Rick Stein is on later and I have a beer open. It could be worse. I wonder if anyone will read this?

I Heard a Voice.

2 comments:

  1. I read it Mark! Just testing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought Mark, but commenting on your blog isn't always easy, because I go for 'Open ID' and blogspot asks me to 'prove I'm not a robot' by typing the two words etc. Well, the first four times I tried the first word was totally incomprehensible.

    Anyway, putting everything on paper at work sounds like an unnecessary nightmare. Thank God you manage to keep pretty stable through all of this.

    Lots love zxx

    ReplyDelete