Saturday 3 November 2012

Friday Carnage.

There is an old adage in mental health. Well actually there are 2 versions of said adage depending on which side of the fence one resides. The nutter's version says "it is only okay to have a crisis between 9 and 5 Monday to Friday. The workers versions says "crises always occur on the Friday afternoon". I reside on both sides although as I'm not currently deemed mad enough I do not get any support when I go into crisis. But that is an aside.

Yesterday was supposed to be quiet Friday of module planning and lunch with one of my former students. I did the former okay but the latter cancelled. As it transpires thank God he did. For yesterday afternoon all hell broke loose. 3 students went into crisis at the same time. Whilst many revere my talents I cannot do 3 at once. So I had to deal with the most serious.

Sadly the story she had to tell was far too close to my experience-cry for help and no one listens. And guess who had to to pick up the pieces? An hour and three quarters later I had averted disaster and avoided a lengthy a no doubt futile trip to A&E. Oh how the enemy still let me down. I'm having to follow up over the weekend but so be it. I was at my best yesterday. I could speculate how others might have dealt with it but I couldn't possibly put that on here.

Today I have been winding down and recuperating-I was tired. I shopped, had tea and lemon drizzle cake, and then to the ultimate wind down-the cooking.

Shortly there after I consumed some very nice Sri Lankan prawn curry. Pleased with that and have some left. Tomorrow I go back to my roots of pork, slow roasted to just melt under the knife and a fine bottle of rioja. Then it is back to the battle-I have 7 appointments booked for Monday, I'm not supposed to do more than 4. Perhaps the long expected tidal wave has finally broken.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment