Wednesday 10 October 2012

Getting Busy.

As I was thinking about writing a post today it struck me that the day on which I most often blog is Sunday. But this Sunday I didn't. A failing of mine is that I don't often look back at previous post so tend to repeat myself. Sadly I'm guilty of that in both my books. It is whole week since I have been on here but looking back my recent posts have included a number during the week. There is but one reason for this-I have been curiously quiet at work.

The tidal wave of misery that I suspected would break over me 3 weeks ago did not come. But today the waters got distinctly choppier. It was busy-9 referrals in 2 days. I can cope but I sometimes feel I don't want to. What is the point? What do I get out of it? The satisfaction of those rare people who consider me some sort of genius in my field? I am certainly not that. But I do seem to help some beyond measure.

Away from the important part-in case anyone forgot that is the students-I have got through my appraisal and sat through another 1 1/2 hours of navel gazing that we engage in on a Tuesday afternoon. Delving back into the archives on here you will recall I detest appraisals. And that is when the times are good. I was dreading it in light of recent event. In reality we hovered around each other in a terrible polite English way (actually she is not English) and avoided the raging shouting match that maybe we both feared. So it is done for another year. I sincerely hope I don't have to go through another one there.

And the world of jobs? Well contrary to what you may have been led to believe there are scores of jobs out there. Unfortunately they fit into 2 categories:

1. I can't afford to take them
2. I wouldn't even be invited to meet them as I'm not part of the social work/mental health nursing mafia

But I do have connections and when time permits I will put out feelers. In the mean time it is quite simple, I go to work, I come home from work, and it is just a job. Now that is a radical change for me.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment