Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Sweeping Virus.

A couple of weeks ago friends in Kent were talking of being felled by a mystery virus. Seems somewhat early for flu. Last week it had reached here-I called the Housing team at work on Thursday only to discover the whole team was off sick. Well on Monday night it came to me. I slept badly with all the shivers and aches in my spine-that kept me awake then came the nightmares. Now it has taken hold.

It is rare I take paracetamol but pharmacists always tell me that is the best way to keep the symptoms at bay. But now I'm taking it with some regularity. It helps but doesn't prevent the nightmares that always come to me when I am ill. I feel wiped out despite not going to work today. Mentally I'm hanging on so that is good. No real shift in mood one way or the other.

So it has been a day at home barring a brief foray into the cold world. Had to rest when I got in. I'm hungry now so I'm about to cook a beef noodle soup. It will be a Vietnamese-Chinese fusion with the former providing the noodles, beef, and herbs and the latter a fine stock.

Who know what tomorrow brings other than my plan to make a parsley soup with home made chicken stock courtesy of Rick Stein's Food Heroes book. Other than that I suspect it will be sleep and more paracetamol.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment