Thursday 18 October 2012

Medicinal Soup.

Since my last post it would appear that more and more people I know have had or do have this wretched virus. I remain achy, shivery, and exhausted. I had actually felt somewhat better last night but once the paracetamol had worn off all the symptoms came back. So I remain at home.

I'm not sure the origins of the medicinal purposes of soup are. Many cultures revere soup as a curative most notably in the Jewish community. Whilst I'm not up to making the dumplings for that I do have a very good chicken stock that I make the other day. Knowing the alleged reputation of soup I made from scratch a parsley soup out of the the book I mentioned last night. The result was stunning. Not sure if it has made me feel better but it was an enjoyable highlight in an otherwise wiped out and dreary day. I have some left so I can give a follow up dose tomorrow.

Here's to feeling better! Now time for some Renaissance music-the last recording I ever did at King's.

I Hard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment