Sunday 2 September 2012

Five Years.

The first song on David Bowie's apocalyptic album Ziggy Stardust is called Five Years. It appears to predict the end of the world. It was the second of a trio of astonishing albums in 1972 and 1973 preceded by Hunky Dory and followed by Aladdin Sane. No one makes 3 classic albums of 18 months now. But then again no one these days has such talent. So other than my love of David Bowie's music why am I mentioning that today? Well it is 5 years to the day since I completely uprooted my life in Kent and moved to Hertfordshire.

Today I repeated that journey in rather quicker time. I have been with my dad since Wednesday. Had some fun, lot's of birthday presents, good food and  good friends despite the rather strange propositions I had whilst there. We went for Sunday lunch of exquisitely rare beef at the Castle Hotel http://www.castlehotel-saltwood.co.uk/ , then a race up the motorway. And continuing the theme of deja vu I went to the Fu Hao for dinner. They were my first friends I met in WGC.

I have another week off before the mayhem and hopefully change of September. Forgive my lack of contact recently-dad has had real trouble with his computer. But I'm back now and I'm hoping over the coming weeks my readers will return-the numbers took a dip last month. I still haven't worked out why the stats vary so much for no reason.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment