Sunday 9 September 2012

Summer's End.

Well, despite the splendid weather outside summer has once again come to an end. My holiday will be over tomorrow and I will wait with baited breath for news on the jobs I have applied for. Today is the closing date for the one that might keep me in Hertfordshire-I should know something towards the end of this week.

It has been a strange holiday marred by a lack of sleep which has left me very tired. It was good to get to Kent and all the nice country pubs I have visited since my return. But as ever holidays are all too short. Not quite sure what I feel about going back tomorrow-it feels like time to call it a day on the last 5 years.

Today has been my usual quiet Sunday. I was very extravagant with roast duck and rioja for lunch. I have had a festival of Mozart encompassing the D Minor Mass, the Coronation Mass, and the Requiem. Seems a lot but I never tire of hearing Mozart. Beginning to think about tea now. Have some Rick Stein to watch at 4 pm and then an evening of ethnic football as week 1 of the new NFL season continues. I will get to see 4 games this week.

Here's to hoping my mood holds whatever the outcome of the next few weeks. More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment