Monday 27 August 2012

Things to Do on a Bank Holiday Monday.

Life is strange. So many of us live for the weekend. We all look forward to the Bank Holiday weekends as there is no work on Monday. Much as I love them I do find them somewhat boring.

So I awoke late this morning with somewhat low mood, tired, and having lived through a particularly bad night, but above all else wondering what to do. Well there is a great mark of UK culture that is rarely replicated anywhere-the country pub.

Thus we set off this afternoon in my friend's car for a drive in the country. We arrived as a small country pub called the "Horns" http://www.thehornsdatchworth.co.uk/ . I did go once before. But what revelation. Inferno beer from the Oakham brewery, a fine atmosphere, and the smell of marvellous food. We did not eat but plan to try it some time.

Felt slightly pissed even though I only had 2 pints-real ale gets me far more than lager. It was then a quiet afternoon of Earl Grey tea and toast. This evening a griddled pork chop marinaded in shallot's, galangal, garlic, coriander, soy, and fish sauce. It featured in the Sunday Times yesterday-truly stunning.

And what is store for the rest of my holiday? Heading for Kent on Wednesday, back on Sunday. Who knows what I will do then. I just hope my mood is somewhat less volatile than it has been today. More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment