Wednesday 19 September 2012

Cider Country.

My mum was from Somerset. For those who are looking at this from foreign lands that is a county in the west of England. The west if famous for its production of cider and Somerset is no exception. Normandy has a similar passion for cider. Now I'm not a great fan of drinking it but it is very good for cooking. And so faced today, a day away from work, with what to do with some chicken thighs I turned to Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and decided to have a second attempt at his chicken and mushroom casserole in cider. First time was okay but not great, hope today is better. It certainly smells good.

So what of this week? Well it was back to work but only for 2 days. As you may recall from my last post I wasn't really looking forward to it but it went well. Yesterday I was teaching. As you know I'm afraid of technology but I did prepare a powerpoint for the occasion. Problem is, no one told me to bring a lap top. With no notes at all I ad libbed for an hour. Judging by the huge round of applause it was a triumph. Quite ironic considering they would not even interview me for a post to do just that all the time. Even more ironic, yesterday I had another request from them to teach in November. The world can be peculiar sometimes.

Tomorrow I'm off to London for Beka's exhibition. Added bonus is I get to see the splendid Katie whom I've not seen since March. Hopefully meet others too.

Friday I'm off again so it is long weekend for me. Then the whirlwind will engulf me from Monday. Let's hope my mood holds.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment