Sunday 20 May 2012

Whispers from a Former Life.

It never ceases to amaze me just how easy it can be to track people down using the internet. Facebook has been a God send for me as so many old friends have got in touch. In the last year or so I have also started using Linkedin. Met fewer people that way but it has still paid dividends.

On Friday I received an e mail via that route from a man I have not spoken to in 30 years. I have often wondered about him but never found him. Well on Friday night he called and we rolled back the years. We had much in common. He too got ill at university and from the sound of it his psychiatric career was even scarier than mine. But he made his way back from mental illness and it is now just a part of his life rather than the whole. I live in that world too.

I was relieved when the weekend came-I was dead tired again. Although my sleep has not been the best I do feel refreshed. We have our work away day tomorrow. No idea what that will bring. Then it is back to reality. Reality such as it is is slowing down for me now.

The weekend has been quiet. Cricket, West Ham getting back into the Premier League and cooking have been on my mind. I did a Spanish braise of beef in cider yesterday. What held so much promise sadly was a little disappointing. Hope it is better next time. Now today I will be having rare roast beef for the second time in a week. I keep meaning one day to get a tray to cook Yorkshire puddings but I keep forgetting-maybe one day. Rioja is of course a must.

What I did achieve this weekend though was to complete my editing of "Charon's Ferry". I sent it off to my friend Katherine to proof this afternoon. Hoping it will be at the publisher by the end of June. And then we will wait again.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment