Tuesday 15 May 2012

A Very Strange Drought.

I'm old enough to remember the epic drought of 1976. I recall the only day all summer it rained was on the day of my local town carnival-we got soaked. The government and media told us we needed months of continuous rain in the autumn to recover. When the rains came it rained for 6 weeks without a break and life was restored with overflowing reservoirs and an end to standpipes.

Fast forward 36 years and once again we are allegedly in another drought. Well looking out my window I can't see the evidence at all. A few weeks after drought was declared in many areas of the UK had the drought order withdrawn. Not where I live. Yet with the exception of a fine weekend it has rained practically every day here for the last month. No doubt someone will blame climate change. Well I have news for the experts-no one believes you any more!

So what of the weekend? It made a nice interlude with Beka, Mike and Miriam joining me for rare roast beef-God we are so English.! It was back to reality yesterday and this week there have been signs that my life is slowing down. It has been unusually busy for May. In couple of weeks most of the students will have gone and we will be back into the long and slightly less interesting summer. University holidays are way too long!

I am in the main doing okay. I'm back to my normal risperidone level and so far so good. My next focus is on editing the book. I felt very badly let down last time but I have made better plans now. When I have read through it will go to my friend Katherine to proof. She read "A Pillar of Impotence" in 8 hours! Let's hope she can turn it around quickly-I'm getting impatient for it to come out although realistically we are probably 12 months away from the paperback.

So now it is back to my quiet home life. Just cooking rice and will then stir fry garlic pork with loads of chilli bean sauce-I do so love chilli!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment