Thursday 24 May 2012

A Journey's End.

Today I finally finished "Charon's Ferry". I have been writing for 9 months and somehow managed to complete an average of 10,000 words a month during that time. It makes the end of a journey that did not start last summer but rather 22 summers before that.

I got ill on 16th June 1990. Such a long time ago; a life time away. Early on in my painful journey through the utterly flawed Mental Health System I swore I would write a book. "A Pillar of Impotence" took 3 years to write, 4 years to find a publisher and then another year to be officially launched. That final moment came on Tuesday 12th April 2011 at the University of Hertfordshire. I never believed I had another book in me. But I was wrong.

"Charon's Ferry" was born out of the desire of people to find out what happened after I got well. I was of course then not who I am now. Today that journey finally came to an end. There is still a way to go until it is out. I will reread it over the coming days then send it off to a friend to proof. I then have a second proof reader lined up before it goes to the publisher. Then it is time to wait. But my story is complete.

I have no intention of ever writing about me in print again. I think I have run out of things to say.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment