Thursday 24 May 2012

Sun Comes Out, Time for Pimm's

One of the more happy memories of Cambridge even after I got ill were the wonderful garden parties we had in the summer. Being into sport at Cambridge got me into lots of parties. I never worked out why we revere sportsmen and women but in Cambridge it seemed very important. It was there is the late 80s I developed a liking for Pimm's. Another of my many English traits.

In the very darkest days of my madness I gave up drinking for 2 years. It was not until later when my isolation reduced that Pimm's returned to my life. Now when the sun is out it is always time for Pimm's made with mint and cucumber as essentials and various other fruits depending on what is available.

There has not been much sun this year but at the end of a very hot day I made some Pimm's and have been cooling down with it this evening.

It seemed a long day. I was tired despite being in one of my more sleep filled time frames. Not sure that 3 early morning nightmares helped but at times I felt a bit lost today. Let's hope for better tomorrow although I have found myself feeling like this at the end of each week I have been back.

Looks like I'm heading to London on Saturday for what might be an interesting appointment. Might lead somewhere which I can only share in July. Alternatively it might lead nowhere. The man I called god from my last inpatient stay only said one sensible thing to me in 4 months "I don't care what you do but do something and do something that has a purpose". So in the grander scheme of madness I am taking a risk. Too cryptic? We will see!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment