Thursday 6 October 2011

The Autumn Wind Blows Chilly and Cold.

Greetings.

I had intended to post during the glorious spell of weather we have had recently but owing to various things have had very little time. That, coupled with ongoing problems with my computer at home have compelled me to write today during my lunch break.

I am fine as I usually am at this time of the year. As I have mentioned before it seems that the coming of the new academic years brings a rise in my mood. Whilst I am nowhere near at danger point I am very much on the plus side of my mood scale and judging by my relapse in January 2009 I do need to keep an eye on that.

As expected life has become very busy at work. So far we have had no major crises to deal with but that will change. There has been a change though in my referral routese. Normally early in the year I get many calls from residencies but that has not been the case so far. I have seen a big rise in referrals from Disability Services which I suspect is due the restructuring that went on over the summer. The good news is that they are now furnishing me with more information than in the past.

I also did my annual lecture to the second year Social Work students last week. As ever it seems to have gone very well and had a very nice e mail this morning from one of them saying how inspirational my talk was. Always good to hear but I'm never really sure if such comments are deserved.

Work continues on the new book but has slowed somewhat as I now have less time. But I will keep going and keep you updated as I go along.

So now that autumn has arrived properly and the cold wind is beginning to blow, I go into another year of expecting the unexpected. How knows where I will be in a couple of months time? Hopefully still well and thriving.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment