Wednesday 12 October 2011

Money Well Earned.

Today has been one of those days. The days when all hell breaks loose, no one knows what to do, and I end up getting called in. So we had the first crisis of the new academic year.

In truth sometimes I have no idea what on earth I'm doing. Sometimes you just need to talk bullshit to bring people back from the brink. That was what happened today. Somehow we got through it without having to go to hospital and avoiding assessment and admission. Tomorrow I will have to follow up, then the day after and for however long it takes.

Knowing the System as I do I can usually see who they will admit and who they won't. I knew it would be futile to go there. But still a man is in great mental pain. He unfortunately has the wrong diagnosis to be giving crisis help so it falls to us.

I earned my money today.

Had planned to write tonight but I'm too tired. So it will just be a TV catch up, a beer, and a programme on Tracey Emin. I had really hoped to go to her exhibition at the Heyward Gallery in the summer but sadly that, like so much else, fell victim to my austerity cuts. The country cuts then we all cut. But sometimes we have to do that.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment