Sunday 25 September 2011

Honey Roast Ham.

Hi to anyone who is out there, seem to have been away for a while. I have actually been quite busy writing the new book. Making some really good progress but decided to take this weekend away from it. There was little plan other than cooking but that all changed on Frieday night.

I had a text from Izzi at http://www.juggleglass.com/ asking if we might meet to go the a mental health exhibition at the Old Vic Tunnels by Waterloo. As it was free-yes I am still on my economy drive-I decided to go. It was great to finally mean Izzi with whom I have been communicating for a while. She took me the South Bank Food Market-what a site for a foodie. Had a nice lunch of Moroccan Harissa chicken then headed for the exhibition.

As you can imgine we were not so amused when we got there and were informed that there was an error on the website and they were charging £12! We didn't go in which as a shame but in these chastened times I didn't have the cash. But other than that the day was good.

Today I turned once again to cooking. I had fancied a chicken but they had sold out so I had to settle for ham. Well I can live with that. What emerged was a wondeful honey glazed ham with crackling-heavenly! That done I plan a quiet afternoon of reading before the storm.

That storm of course is the return of the students tomorrow. From then until April I won't stop. But it is good. My mood always rises at this time-getting back to what I really do best and that is help people.

Will let you all know how it goes.

I Heard a Voice.

1 comment:

  1. Was great to spend the day with you. I went back to the exhibition today and had a look around. It was excellent as expected and I took a great many photos. Will post about it tomorrow.
    !zzi

    ReplyDelete