Sunday 9 October 2011

Inching Forwards

Welcome to my quiet Sunday. A day of rest; well not entirely. I've just written another chapter in the new book. Still very pleased with it alhtough progress has slowed considerably now that term has started. But I ma inching forward. No idea when I will complete it but I think like last time I will have another party.

So what else of this weekend? England crached out of the Rugby World Cup. Quite glad I didn't get up early to watch it. In fact I haven't seen any games as they were all too early for me.

Cooking which was planned as the mainstay of my weekend has not been up to my usual standards. After yesterday I realise I really do not yet grasp the point of beef brisket. Cooked it twice now and both times were poor. The lamb today was somewhat better but not my best. The rioja was good though.

Tomorrow looms and as you may know it is World Mental Health Day. For the first time ever we have an event at the university to mark the day. The timing is very poor for us as it always occurs in week 2 when chaos is still reigning. I volunteered for Time to Change two years ago which was fun but not managed anything since. Hope it goes well. Then it is back to normal and the increasing work load that the new term brings. But I guess that's what I get paid for.

Time for tea I think. More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment