Thursday 16 June 2011

The Sun has Risen Again.

An odd title I know on a day that is grey and threatens rain but in the world of my madness that is precisely what has happened. After two very bad days the increased medication worked and I am back to normal now. Tuesday was much better, mood back to a level of around +1 on my scale.

Today is a milestone in my life, an anniversary of sorts. For it was 21 years ago today, at almost this exact hour that I plummeted into my madness. That day is so clear in my mind, each little detail frighteningly recreated both mentally and in "A Pillar of Impotence". I have now lived with mental illness for half of my life.

It's not going to go away but, recent events aside I remain exceedingly well most of the time. The funny thing is tonight I will be with the same friends once again as on that fateful day in the early summer of 1991. It's a Selwyn reunion in Covent Garden tonight. Nothing formal just a chance to sup and chat about old times. There were many times I doubted I would make it to 30 but now I am heading for 42 it never ceases to amaze me how life can change with time and a little help from the right medication. These are lessons I try to extol on my young students. It's an alien concept to most of them but life is long and it does change.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment