Wednesday 1 June 2011

A Good Day.

It is always nice when the day goes well. And today was one of those days. A few times a year I get to do mental health training at the university. So I took 13 people through the starnge world of mental health and all went really well. I have actually been doing freelance training for a number of years now. Mostly it goes quite well.

In fact over the years I have had various people come up to me in the street, in the supermarket, the pub or various other places and told me they had been on one of my training courses. I can't even remember people's names when they are in the room let alone ages later. But it is the power of the story that is memorable. I didn't do the full version today, not enough time. But I did enough to make a couple of people feel safe enough to disclose their own experience. It is so much easier to teach if one has a responsive audience.

Tomorrow, there is another audience. I get to teach psychiatrist then! One of my favourite occupations. All those years of being controlled by egotistical morons who looked, read the notes, judged and condemned. Now I get to tell them the truth. Perhaps I might even sell some books.

Will update you on that another time.

Kept it simple tonight on the food front; a salad of melon, tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella and a mint dressing. Absolutely delicious. From the Rick Stein French Odyssey book. One may ask why an Italian cheese in a French salad? Simple, I don't like the goat's cheese in the recipe. So I improvise.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment