Wednesday 7 December 2022

Puccini on a Freezing Night.

Brace yourselves for the cold in the UK! It's bitter out there. Plummeting temperatures across the country, frost and ice.

I'm at home in the warm listening to Puccini's Il Trittio as is my won't on a Wednesday. 

Thoughts that my life might stabilise after buying my flat have proved a slightly false dawn. Work remains busy and hard at times. Anxiety has been on a rollercoaster ride the last couple of weeks. 

Each day brings a different challenge that makes me doubt my knowledge, my experience and my life. Yet I bounced back and face each day however battered I am.

I spoke recently of a desire to return to mania. That would be great but not for those around me.

The weekend did bring a calming influence with my lovely friend Jayne visiting on Saturday. We have seen so much, and shared so much, and separated and come back together since we met in 1994.

Over an epic 4 hour lunch we reminisced, wondered what was, what might have been a contemplated what might be to come. We both made it out of the pit of hell.

We're hoping to meet every couple of months to indulge, imbibe and support each other. I'm lucky I have such amazing friends. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment