Monday 26 December 2022

And Come With Fear and Trembling.

A day on from a glorious Christmas Day with my family the curse of anxiety has bitten back. The title line of this is from a magnificent piece of music Bairstow's spine tingling "Let All Mortal Flesh Silent" . I suspect but I don't know that it is about Judgement Day.

Today I'm stalked by fear. The trembling has gone but I do not feel good. 

Waking early and having wave upon wave of anxiety is destroying me. People say kind things about me but I cannot hear them. I know how to treat others when they face but I can't face it myself. 

I am not going to hide under the duvet though. I'm not going to switch off the phone. And I'm not going to run. All three sound options but they are not. As the legendary Bob Marley once said "you can't run away from yourself ".

Instead I will meet my friend for a walk. I have managed to cook today, to wash, put my lenses in, brush my teeth and walk to the beach. Small things maybe but huge mountains today. 

Tomorrow will be better. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment