Saturday 24 December 2022

Chianti, Ragu and Christmas.

Greetings from a grey and dull Kent. The sea was full of foreboding, the gulls few and far between and Christmas is almost upon us.

After a tumultuous year of highs and lows I drove safely down to dad's yesterday afternoon. Work continued to the very last minute and remains a challenge. 

Yet so much has gone well. I'm away from the past, I own my flat, I still have my amazing friends and my break is upon me. Still finding it hard to switch off. 

Down at dad's I'm reheating ragu, Miriam has brought fresh gluten free tagliatelle. We both forgot the parmesan but managed to get some before Waitrose shut.

As it cooks I'm drinking a seriously good Chianti. Beka will join us soon.

The feast tomorrow will be an epic affair. Thanks for reading this last year. Merry Christmas to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment