Saturday 26 November 2022

Red Kite Over the Woods.

Saturday night here in Hertfordshire. A little warmer today and it's been okay. Finally banished the last vestiges of the virus I picked up 10 days ago.

I supped on seasoned fresh sardines pan fried in butter with new potatoes and green beans. I'm slowly consuming a bottle of Picpoul de Pinet and listening to Britten opera.

My week was long and tiring but the Christmas break is not far off.

Today I have been thinking of nature. My mum was in awe of the natural world. A keen gardener and bird watcher I think she would have liked here.

I live on an estate but the woods are only across the road. And they are patrolled by beautiful red kite. They soar effortlessly on the thermals. So graceful. 

I drove to The Waggoners today after food shopping and there was another kite surveying its dominion. Nature is beautiful and savage.

Tomorrow brings Sunday, roast pheasant and the NFL. Thank goodness for weekends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment