Friday 16 December 2022

A Snow Capped Land.

The snow that fell heavily on Sunday night continues to blanket the land. The air is freezing, the roads treacherous and the pavements icy. And on Monday my boiler failed.

Five days of no heat and hot water has been tough going. Washing with a kettle and basin is not ideal. I managed to grab a shower at my friend Zoe's one day but she is tied up this weekend. Back to the kettle. 

Mentally I'm holding up quite well. My mood has been stable and my anxiety reduced from two weeks ago.

My thoughts go out to those in war zones through the northern hemisphere where winter is so bitter. My thoughts also go out to those in this wealthy country who cannot afford to heat their homes.

Tomorrow we will buy the boiler and parts ready for installation on Wednesday. Just have to grit it out until then. 

On a more optimistic note I have four more days of work until the Christmas break. Given all I have been through personally and our team collectively professionally we all need a break. 

This time next week I will be in Kent with dad. I will walk along the beach, eat, drink and see friends. 

Let's hope the snow melts soon. I need to warm up!

I Heard a Voice  

No comments:

Post a Comment