Tuesday 23 August 2022

The Sea Beckons.

The sun is shining, the air is warm and wispy clouds mark the skies. Down by the sea it is peaceful and pleasant. 

Yes I have escaped for my annual summer holiday. I got down yesterday afternoon and am staying until Friday. Dad is on good form. 

Despite having left work at 5 pm on Friday I still haven't managed to decompress. The last few months have been hard there. My confidence is dented and at times I flounder. But I am happier. 

A year ago today my life took a seismic shift when I was appointed to my job. Optimism and fear pervaded the next couple of months when I handed in my notice. Fear has haunted me much of my life. 

Not everything has gone right. And I dwell and ruminate on that. But I have done some good.

The sea always draws me back so I head for the beach shortly. I'll enjoy the sun, marvel at the waves, smells the sea and hear to sounds of seagulls. 

Until next time. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment