Saturday 13 August 2022

Resistance in the Sun.

Greetings on this blisteringly hot Saturday afternoon. Once again we reach the weekend and once again we're in the middle of a heatwave.

Looking at the world it seems a time of war, pestilence, famine and man made destruction. Who could have seen this even three years ago. 

A state of drought has been declared in many parts of the UK. People are desperately worried about the cost of living. I'm in a position to hopefully ride out the storm but many are not.

Reflecting on my own it has been pretty unstable since March. Covid, people walking away, work then facing homelessness. 

Yet thanks to Great support from friends and family I'm still fighting on. Facing something similar in 2018 I crumbled into a deep state of depression and severe anxiety. 

Today I'm at the end of another week. Not without problems but not being attacked as sometimes happens.

My weekend is quiet, many of my friends have gone camping. I'm staying home. I did shop for food. I resisted the lure of another Cookbook. And I picked up a spare contact lens.

Tomorrow I will do roast chicken. Not had it for some time. 

A week today I will be on holiday, hurrah!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment