Wednesday 17 August 2022

Heavens Opening.

After so many weeks of searing heat the rains finally came today. And the heavens opened. I managed to escape the worst of it, no floods driving home, no lightning to knock out the power and I didn't get too wet going to the shop. 

I relish the cooler temperatures on this Wednesday opera night. Mozart's Lucio Silla is my opera of choice. Steak and chips...Steak was awful...and a very small glass of Rioja. 

On a day of unexpected events I'm reflecting on what was and what might be. But I hope we have a less confrontational way of going forward. I hate confrontation and anger, had too much of that when mum was alive. 

Thinking back to March when covid kicked off an avalanche of fear, anxiety, bewilderment and loss it has been a hard road. I felt very vulnerable last night. Less so tonight. 

Just because people don't always reciprocate when I need something is not a reason for me to stop trying to help people. So many do help me though. Just that in my world friendships and relationships can be very unstable. I find it so hard losing people.

At my most cynical I might say they are only lost until they need something. But I will set that aside.

I will battle one day at a time. And with that comes progress.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment