Thursday 25 August 2022

At the Setting of the Sun.

I watched the sun set over the beach last night. Not in its complete cycle rather frame by frame every 20 minutes or so. The kaleidoscopic ofcolour was amazing. Dad, Beka and I were at The Waterfront restaurant having an early birthday dinner. Next Tuesday I turn 53.


Where have those years gone? People now seem to view me as suave, cultured and sophisticated. I've felt pretty distinguished since turning 50.

On an overcast but mild morning we buried Beka's mum today. I've known Beka since 1995. I gave her away at her wedding. And I have joint power of attorney on her estate. I will be busy signing documents in the coming weeks. 

Tomorrow morning I go home. Another week left on my holiday and I eventually switched off from work. 

I will cook for dad, bought some lovely sardines which I will butterfly and grill and serve with new potatoes and a tomato, shallot and parsley salad. My reintroduction to fish continues; last night I had oysters and hake. 

Take care out there in the world. 

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment