Sunday 26 January 2020

Warm Fire on a Wet Day.

Despite a night of un-nerving and disturbed dreams I'm feeling a lot better. I have spoken before about the mirror test when one lives and works in the world of mental health and one is confronted by the one's own story back from a student. Rarely happens to me but it did this week. And it was not a memory I wanted to be brought up from my past foolishness and greed. That figured in my dreams. I woke fairly early for a Sunday and was surprisingly okay.

Don Giovanni was today's chosen opera. A marvellous salad of courgette, orange and feta with dill and a date molasses dressing set me up on a miserable day. Having switched to Haydn masses I put the shoulder of lamb in to roast then headed out for a drive and pint. The rain had just started when I left the flat so it was splendid to enter The Waggoners where the fire was warm, the beer good and the company from my teacher friend Sarah and her family out with the dog welcome. I do feel sad though as I passed what looked like a fatal accident on the other carriageway outside of Sherrardswood School. I do hope I'm wrong.

Back at home in my cosy flat the aroma of lamb, garlic and rosemary is pervading the room, I'm listening to Beethoven and thinking about a glass of wine. Tomorrow can wait. Tonight I relax and indulge in some culture.

It feels good to be more myself. Worrying though that stress and pressure can drive me to making foolish assumptions and mis-communicating. Clearly I have a long way to go in righting what is wrong. See you in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment