Wednesday 1 January 2020

A New Day, a New Year, a New Decade.

Well I limped into 2020 with a party at The Hedgehog, far too much to drink, the glories of The Nelson Mass and a long but interrupted sleep. Not entirely sure how I feel, hungry yes, tired yes, sick yes but no headache. I'm tempted to say I'm never drinking again but I know that is a lie.

So on a dull grey afternoon I'm in my flat listening to Classic FM and contemplating going over to Sarah's. She said come over any time after 3 pm. So the hour is approaching. I did get out for a short walk earlier so I know I can summon up the energy. But can I be inspired, interesting and funny? Somehow I doubt that. But I will give it a go.

Looming thoughts of going back to work are beginning to gather like storm clouds. Have I had enough rest? It doesn't feel like it. Do I have the stamina to make it to Easter? On the evidence of today probably not. I must try though.

A new year is upon us as the 2020s beckon. Who knows where I will be at the end? Seems too far away to contemplate at this stage. I will take it day at a time and a task at a times. We're all wise to do the same.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment