Saturday 18 January 2020

Two Weeks Down, a Long Way to Go.

My friend Annabelle lost her mum last year. In the week she felt the agonising heartbreak of what would have been her birthday. I well recall January 2013 when we all tried to fight our way through that. Since then it is still intense, still difficult and still mournful. Tomorrow on what would have been her 88th birthday we all go through it again.

I'm not despairing, or anxious, or frightened. I'm just aware. Two weeks on from going back to work I'm doing well. Better than I feared I might. Yes all the nastiness is still lurking quietly in the background but we are moving on day by day. The action hasn't really kicked off yet as last week was exams. I had to stay a little late yesterday but so be it. There is a long way to go before it dies down.

On this beautiful but cold Saturday I'm taking things gently. Saw Gareth today and came away with a large joint of belly pork and two sirloin steaks which were on special. Going into town afterwards I was finally able to use my gift cards that have been sat in my wallet much of the week. So I came home with a lovely rugby shirt, some fine wine and a few things for my fridge.

Having done the washing up and tidied up the afternoon has brought Radio 3 and some reading. A keema muttar will adorn my table tonight. Not sure yet whether to do a big batch or to split the mince and make kefte kebabs on Monday. Decisions decisions.

I'm away at the end of the month for my annual pilgrimage to Miriam's to watch the Super Bowl with Nigel. It looks most intriguing. At last the New England Patriots are on the wane. The Baltimore Ravens were unexpectedly slain last week. The competition looks open. Just as long at the San Francisco 49ers don't win I don't mind.

With that I will leave you to your Saturday. Have fun.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment