Monday 4 November 2019

Paying a Price?

There's no sign of the sun today. An pale light pervades a landscape of fallen leaves. After a weekend of excess I'm not doing so well. What might have been was not and England were blown away in the World Cup Final. Watching with South African friends marked a memorable day. They celebrated, we commiserated. In the melee and chaos that is starting so early in the morning Ali lost her wedding ring and I lost my poppy. The ring was found and the poppy can be replaced.

What may be harder to shift is my edgy, fearful, shaking and low mood. Looking back whilst I've not been flying I have been elevated in recent weeks. Setting aside the endless demand to deliver the un-deliverable I have none the less thrived. Is that a crash or a blip?

Sleeping poorly set it off. Bad dreams and restlessness did not make the start of the day much fun. I'm devoid of motivation although I did manage to do my shopping, get petrol and have lunch. But that has left me exhausted.

An afternoon on the sofa beckons. Currently listening to music from the Reformation on the radio I guess it is not a bad start. Whether I can summon the energy to cook later is something I will discover. Currently have no interest in eating or drinking.

The wider world continues in its vein of chaos. Another election is looming, the UK is still in the EU and we're still none the wiser. I long since lost touch with truth here. Does it really exist? I will leave that for another day. Take care out there on this grey day. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment