Saturday 16 November 2019

The Waning Moon.

A quiet Saturday afternoon in November. Dull and grey out. But it is mild. After a cold week I will welcome that. There is not a load to report on the week that was except driving home most days to the light of a beautiful waning moon. The power of the moon always draws me. Is there anything in the full moon and my people? Some day yes, others say there is no science to prove that. But the world of mental health is anything but a science.

Sat at home in the warm I've just heard the Byrd Five Part Mass Credo. Marvellous stuff. I recorded it many years ago and recall in those days finding it all a big and not very interesting effort. Now in my middle age I marvel at the sublime music. I missed so much as a child so I guess I have to make up for it now.

My plans for the month have not worked out as I'd hoped. Disappointing but will help the austerity measures. Having booked the last Friday of the month off though I'm not going to waste it. So assuming it's not hammering it down with rain I will hop on the train and go to Cambridge. A nice lunch somewhere, a wander, a pub or two, and maybe go to King's for Evensong.

That day out will be spent alone but that is okay. Sometimes I like my own company. I will not be alone tonight, Sarah is coming for dinner. A rack of lamb and some dauphinoise potatoes, green beans and a glass of Chianti. From Rick Stein's new book which I'm very much enjoying.

The kitchen though is a little way off at this stage. Around 3 pm I'm popping out for a pint at The Waggoners. Hoping to meet some friends after their walk in the woods. Would have been nice to join them on the way but it's very muddy and I can't stay too long. Another time.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and I will see you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment