Saturday 9 November 2019

Subsisting Alone.

A few days on from the mental desert that erupted on Tuesday I'm slowly recovering. I stayed home Tuesday and Wednesday. Should really have done so on Thursday and Friday too but determined not to let anyone down I ventured in. Now it is over for a couple of days.

Alone in my warm flat I have every intention of shutting the world out. My own company can be okay, tedious, fearful and all myriad of other feelings but today it feels vaguely okay. My mind is stirring back into functionality. Not there yet though. Still perplexed as to what happened but I will just be for a while.

The only task I will set myself this weekend is to cook. In a few years time I imagine young people will only know of existence of butchers' shops through Google, Wikipedia and old sepia photos. They are sadly dying. But it is amazing what one can find. My venture out this morning brought me duck eggs, cherry cake, rump steak and chicken thighs. A duck awaits roasting for Sunday lunch. A beautiful egg curry that I just made up adorned my lunch tray. And out of choice I will share with no one.

Cold air from the north is chilling the November days. Soon it will be here for the duration. But I'm in the warm so the gloom is not really a factor. Having just listened to the end of Cosi fan Tutti I have moved on to Mendelssohn's violin concerto. I have a lot of his music but it usually gets eschewed in favour of Mozart, Handel, Beethoven and Haydn. All good stuff though.

My thoughts turned briefly towards Christmas shopping when in town. Must get going on that at some point. Found something to get Sarah but not anyone else. I'm still husbanding my financial resources after last month's battering. If I stick to my plan of only buying things I need, curb the eternal urge to go out to restaurants and make my own lunch for work the savings will mount up. A very small lottery win made me smile but I won't be retiring any time soon.

Take care on this cold day. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment