Saturday 26 October 2019

Sharing a Drink They Call Loneliness.

On a grey but mild day England are victorious at rugby. Dominated the All Blacks and brought a smile to my face as I drank my morning coffee. After a tumultuous week I will settle for that.

The week was marked by long traffic jams on Monday, too much to do on Tuesday, desperate attempts to catch up on Wednesday and Thursday and utter intensity yesterday. So I was somewhat exhausted when I limped home on Friday afternoon.

What struck me more than anything was the loneliness that some experience in life. Mental illness can be a solitary place to be. Low, tired and unmotivated the darkness that envelops us in the dark despair can be shattering. The human condition encourages social activity. But for some that is near impossible.

My years following my breakdown were lonely. And when I moved here it was crippling at times. Yet all these years on as I remarked last time I am no longer alone. Well not if I choose not to be. Even then though I'm always surprised that others talk on me. I popped into Jo's niece's 21st birthday party last night and for the first time met her eldest son. And he knew who I was. Funny that people talk of me.

The rest of the weekend will be quiet. My friend Shelley is picking me up shortly and we are going to The Horns. Tonight I cook Thai prawns and tomorrow roast belly pork. The joys of being alone is that I choose. The Rams play at Wembley tomorrow so I will watch that.

Do enjoy your weekend and I'll see you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment