Friday 13 September 2019

Glittering Sunlight, Shimmering Sea.

The bright sunshine reflected over a shimmering sea as I caught the bus from Folkestone down to Hythe early this afternoon. I have escaped for a long weekend in Kent by the sea. Such a beautiful day, hard to believe autumn is here. The moon will be full tomorrow I think. All troubles of work are cast aside for a few days and I'm back in my homeland relaxing.

My return to work passed without much incident this week. Yes long meetings. Yes fears of what is to come. And yes we still obsess about process when reality is not like that. The onslaught begins a week on Monday and I will be stretched to every sinew of my emotional being but I'm as ready as I will ever be.

I saw my therapist on Wednesday for the first time in a month. As ever it didn't quite go as I'd expected. I spoke of things I've rarely voiced from long ago. Back in the days after my breakdown I would have expected a gasped, sympathy laden response. All these years down the line I'm more capable of dealing with that not happening than I was then. That is the way of therapy. Maybe I wasn't ready then. Maybe I was too ill. And maybe I was still too angry. But I emerged more upbeat than I had imagined and am now a little clearer on what I must do going forward rather than the fog of suspicion, mistrust and self aggrandizement that was evident before.

For now though that can wait. Passing through St Pancras on my journey I found a bookshop and much Graham Greene. It transpires there is currently a republishing of many of his works. I found and bought a copy of The Honorary Consul which I've been after for a while. The chap in the shop also pointed out a book I'd not heard of before. I didn't take in what it was called but it is there for future reference.

I face an hour or two of nothing as dad is at the bowls club. I'm cooking bangers and mash with peas and onion gravy for supper. A shower shortly and a little reading will pass the time until I cook. Not worked out what else I will cook this weekend. Maybe more to come in the coming days. Until then, enjoy the sun.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment