Tuesday 3 September 2019

Early Rising.

Every now and again I wake early and simply can't get to back to sleep. I had set an alarm today anyway as I have a psychiatry appointment. What I didn't expect was a 6.45 am wake up and no further sleep. Not the best start to the day but felt surprisingly good. An early visit to the supermarket beckoned and on the way suddenly my tooth started to throb. Only intermittent but irritating. Is this the long feared infection that may precipitate root canal? God I hope not.

Will have to see how I go but for now I can't do anything. The fear is that it brings on insomnia tonight and that growing fear that I will become unwell again if I don't sleep. So I look forward to this day with some trepidation and fear.

For others it is an auspicious day. That day when all the mums post on Facebook photos of their kids going to school for the first time, a new school or a return to school. It fills my timeline but why shouldn't they indulge? Sometimes the mums have more tears than the kids. To all of you out there, hope the small ones have a brilliant day.

I'm thinking of going to the Galleria after my appointment. Really shouldn't spend if the tooth continues to trouble me. But a little indulgence is needed every now and again. Last night I indulged and dined with our former Dean of Students. He appointed me to the job which I started exactly 12 years ago today. Is it really that long? Time flies. Thoughts of the coming term are not greatly prevalent today but will grow as the week progresses.

Hope to catch you all again soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment