Saturday 20 July 2019

Troubled Night, Off and On Day.

Being woken up by a dream that my mum was trying to section me was not quite what I wanted. Always edgy when she comes in the night it added an extra layer of doubt this morning. With sporadic heavy showers I abandoned my vague plan of going to London. Instead I went to see a festival in town dodging the rain and was hugely disappointed, no food stalls at all.

I can however rely on Yang and had some nice Singapore noodles and a couple of beers. Homeward bound early I was left with what to do this afternoon. In a mood that was neither high nor low I cooked Ragu and lazily followed TV rubbish.

Now that is done and I'm waiting for Sarah to come after work to share the Ragu I have put Handel on and will just read. The Richmond Tigers are on at 7.30 pm but I'm sure Sarah will be bored to death by that so am recording. Not sure I've ever mentioned my love of Aussie Rules but it was kindled way back in 1983 when I watched the Tigers at the MCG on my last King's tour. Until my move last year I didn't have access to watch but now can take in a couple of games a week if I so desire.

Looking back at the week it was tough at times. It really shouldn't be like this in July. In a recollection that reflects my previous post that I'm a mental health expert not a security guard or policeman it was testing. And no sign yet of a resolution. When people are ill they can do things out of the ordinary. Aggression is not as common as Joe public thinks but can come out. I hate that part of my job, but if it is down to illness as I believe I need to face it.

I'm hoping the anxiety of what may be to come next week will not mar my weekend. At the moment I'm okay. What will tomorrow bring?

Taking solace in my kitchen there is roasted belly pork on the menu. Think I will chop a fennel bulb and use that as a base. Have plenty of stock to make gravy so that should all be fine.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing have fun, weekends go o so quickly. Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment